Foxberry Education provides a Garden Coordinator to Seattle Elementary schools in need of an educator to develop and deliver garden curriculum aligned with Next Generation Science Standards, coordinate volunteers, plan and run work parties, and run their garden program. Foxberry works with PTAs and principals to find and write grants to support garden education, create Fall and Spring planting plans for school gardens, plan and implement events around the garden, and make school gardens accessible to as many students as possible. Foxberry supports both during- and after-school garden programs. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in hiring Foxberry Education to run your school garden program.
Foxberry provides both individual workshops and class series related to environmental education. These programs include:
- Salmon Education– Get to know about Salmon habitats, life cycle, and anatomy though fun and interactive games and activities, even a dissection presentation!
- Soil Science– Using models to learn about soil food webs, soil structure and composition, and chemistry, and how that effects the plants that rely on it to grow.
- Pollination Exploration– An engaging and interactive lesson on different ways in which plants are pollinated, especially by bees.
- Schoolyard Ecosystem- This lesson explores different species around the schoolyard, and discusses the complex inter-workings of ecosystems in general.
- Amazing Seeds – Talk about the systems of plants and how they use their amazing seeds seeds to travel to new places.
- Compost 101– Learn about the importance of composting through exciting activities and even set up a vermicompost bin for the classroom.
- Urban Wildlife- Activities around birds, squirrels, raccoons, coyotes, and other urban creatures and their importance to our urban environment.
Middle and High School
- DIY Cosmetics– Learn about the “dirty 30” chemicals in beauty products while making your own sugar scrub, deodorant, hair care products, and more!
- Upcycled DIY– Gain useful knowledge and skills while producing less waste turning old t-shirts into bags, used cans into candles, plastic bottles into art, and more.
- Classroom Behavior Management- This workshop is designed to help after school programs develop strategies to avoid and effectively manage discipline issues in the classroom.
Looking for a class or workshop related to garden, environmental or outdoor education? Let us know! Email Nicole at firstname.lastname@example.org